Winner will be announced at the 100 Scholarship Reception Event on Saturday, March 28, 2020.
Raffle tickets are $100 each.
100 Black Men of Greater Dallas-Fort Worth, Inc., hereafter referred as 100BMGDFW in this disclaimer note, is a 501c3 non-profit organization organized under the laws of the state of Texas. These Rules govern the raffle, and by purchasing a raffle ticket, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older and must qualify under Texas law to purchase a raffle ticket and participate in this raffle.
2. The purchase price for one raffle ticket is $100.00. If an Entrant’s check or credit card is dishonored by the bank or credit card company, the entry ticket will be invalid for the raffle and you will be notified via phone for alternate payment methods. ALL TICKET PURCHASES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
3. The Winner will be determined by random drawing. The raffle will take place on March 28th, 2020 at the 100 BMGDFW Scholarship Luncheon. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone or/and email or/and mail. Prize may not be redeemed for cash.
4. A valid picture ID of raffle purchaser is required to claim the prize.
5. Winner will assume and be responsible for all licensing, registration, title, license plate, dealer preparation, shipping and all other fees, and local, state and federal taxes, including without limitation all applicable sales, use, luxury income, and special taxes, 100BMGDFW specifically disclaims all expressed or implied warranties, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose regarding the Nissan Altima vehicle.
Purchasers of raffle tickets must legibly write their full names, addresses, emails, and telephone numbers on each perforated ticket stub. If more than one name is stated on a perforated stub, the first name listed shall be the Entrant. 100BMDFW shall, will and can have no obligation for payment or delivery of any prize to any person other than the Entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to allocate any such prize among the participants in any multiple party entry.
6. The winner of the raffle must claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing. If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing, the prize will be forfeited, and the proceeds will go toward the 100BMGDFW mentoring programs. The Entrant will receive a letter from 100BMGDFW regarding the ticket purchase for tax purposes.
7. Drawing may be postponed due to weather or any state of emergency declared by state, county or local authorities. In such event, a new date, place and time for the drawing will be determined by 100BMDGFW, which will be published on the 100BMGDFW website.
8. Any and all disputes, claims and controversies concerning this raffle shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration, to be conducted under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association and the Uniform Arbitration Act, 42 Pa. C.S.A. §7301, et seq. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on all parties.
9. Safekeeping of Raffle Ticket stub is the purchaser’s sole responsibility. Any attempted transfer, purchase, sale or auction of Raffle Ticket constitutes fraud by the attempted seller and attempted buyer of Raffle Ticket and renders Raffle Ticket void. Raffle Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources are void. Raffle Ticket stub is void and will not be accepted if 100BMGDFW determines in its sole discretion that stub has been tampered with, altered, counterfeited, forged or is otherwise irregular or invalid, nor is 100BMGDFW responsible for stubs that are lost, damaged, destroyed, stolen, incomplete or illegible; and, in all such cases, such stubs are void and 100BMGDFW shall have no liability in conjunction with same. In such event or if 100BMGDFW otherwise has reason to believe that someone has tampered with a Raffle Ticket (including stub) or the Raffle generally or otherwise attempted to defraud 100BMGDFW in any way, 100BMGDFW will disqualify such person and may otherwise seek to protect its rights via all available legal remedies, including possible criminal prosecution. 100BMGDFW further reserves the right to confiscate and retain any Raffle Tickets suspected of being invalid. In no event will 100BMGDFW award more than one (1) Prize. Should a printing, programming or other error result in multiple winning Raffle Ticket stubs for the Prize, only one (1) of each so affected will be awarded in a random drawing from among the holders of all such “winning” stubs for the Prize. 100BMGDFW disclaims any liability for typographical, printing, production or other errors with Raffle Tickets, with the understanding that 100BMGDFW’s sole liability for a defective or irregular Raffle Ticket is replacement with another ticket (provided supplies last).